- Public Works
- Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste
The Following Items Will Be Accepted for Collection
- Lead or oil-based paints, thinners, solvents, varnish, wood preservatives, strippers, and stains
- Herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, and rodent killers
- Cleaning solvents, degreasers
- Pool chemicals
- Antifreeze, brake fluid, transmission fluid, gasoline treatments
- Automobile/Motorcycles batteries
- Household batteries, ni-cad, and button batteries
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Fluorescent light bulbs
The Following Items Will Not Be Accepted for Collection
- Latex paints - to dispose of latex paint remove the lid and let dry out. Once dry, latex paint can be put in a blue bag for disposal.
- Medication - contact your pharmacy regarding the disposal.
- Motor oil - no longer accepted at DPW (For any questions please call the Recycling Coordinator at 508-336-7407).
- Ammunition, explosives, or fireworks - contact Fire Chief at 508-336-8510 for information.
- Tires - must purchase a sticker for curbside disposal or can bring them to the Transfer Station with the purchase of a pass.
- Computers or electronics - must purchase a sticker for curbside disposal or can be brought to Transfer Station with the purchase of a pass.
To celebrate Earth Day each year the Town of Seekonk holds an annual household hazardous waste collection day during the month of April. All residents will be notified by mail as to which day the event will be held.
The New England Disposal Technologies, Inc. (NEDT) Household Hazardous Products Collection Center located in Sutton, Massachusetts, accepts household hazardous waste year-round. For more information, please visit the NEDT website or call 866-769-1621.