- Public Works
Statewide Mattress Ban
Effective November 1, 2022
Massachusetts has banned the transport and disposal of mattresses and box springs to landfills. They must now be recycled. Due to the new law, we are now required to implement an effective process to recycle mattresses and box springs. As a result of the new law, mattresses and box springs will now be $65 for each piece for pickup. Mattresses and box springs will be collected curbside for recycling by our waste hauler on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Important Notice Regarding Recycling at the Transfer Station
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Transfer Station will no longer be open for the disposal of recyclables until further notice. All recyclables need to be placed curbside for collection. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
To view a virtual tour of the DPW Facility, please watch the Town's YouTube channel. DPW Facility Tour
Downloadable Forms & Resources
- Why is snow plowed into my driveway?
- When will my street be plowed?
- What if I need to get out for work or errands?
- What if I have an emergency?
- Why does the snowplow go down my road so many times?
- What happens if a plow knocks down my mailbox?
- What happens if a plow damages my lawn or sprinklers?
- Is there a parking ban in effect when it snows?
- When it snows what should I do with my trash and recycling?