Bulky Waste Schedule 2023-2024
Hours: 8 am to Noon
|July 8, 2023||August 12, 2023||September 9, 2023|
|October 14, 2023||November 11, 2023||March 9, 2024|
|April 13, 2024||May 11, 2024|
If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Information Line at 508-336-8523 or Public Works at 508-336-7407.
Bulky Waste Disposal Regulations 2023 to 2024
Only Seekonk residents who participate in the Town-sponsored Solid Waste and Recycling Program are eligible to purchase two Bulky Waste Passes per household per fiscal year (July 1, 2023 to May 11, 2024). This pass is to be used for the disposal of residential bulky waste items only (e.g. furniture, small appliances, bicycles, etc.) Blue Bags (household trash), freon-charged appliances, mattresses, and boxsprings will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to refuse unacceptable materials e.g. toxic/hazardous materials, large amounts of construction and demolition debris, commercial or industrial waste, etc.
Bulky Waste Passes
- Town residents can purchase a pass for 1 Load for $25 or 3 Loads for $75.
- This pass allows you to bring bulky waste items (not blue bag household trash) to Seekonk's Transfer and Recycling Facility (TARF), behind the American Legion Hall Post 311, 351 Fall River Avenue (Rte. 114A) at the site of the landfill.
- Any resident who participates in the Town sponsored Solid Waste Recycling program is eligible to purchase two Bulky Waste Passes per fiscal year (July 1, 2023 to May 11, 2024). Any resident who has an exemption from the Town sponsored program, due to a contract with a private hauler, is not eligible. Any resident with a pass cannot later get an exemption from the Town-sponsored Waste and Recycling program for that fiscal year.
- If you purchase a 3-load pass, you are allowed to bring in four automobile or small truck tires per pass, or for a 1-load pass, you are allowed to bring in two automobile or small truck tires per pass. In addition, residents will be allowed to drop off one CRT (computer or TV). No freon-charged appliances (i.e. refrigerators, A/C units, etc.) will be accepted. Passes expire on May 11, 2024, even if all spaces have not been punched.
- Bulky Waste is defined as any items that you cannot fit into the Blue Bags (i.e. furniture, carpets, bicycles, etc.). Each time you bring a load, your pass will be punched. The maximum size for one load is limited to a one-ton pickup truck. Blue Bags (household trash) will not be accepted. No commercial or industrial waste, construction/demolition debris, or toxic/hazardous materials will be accepted. Unacceptable materials will be rejected. No freon-charged appliances will be accepted (i.e. refrigerators, A/C units, dehumidifiers, etc.) will be accepted.
- Entrance to the TARF is based on the presentation of a valid pass and is not associated with a particular vehicle. However, no vehicle larger than a one-ton pickup truck will be admitted. Access to the TARF is at the pass holder's own risk.
- The TARF will be open from 8 am to Noon on the second Saturday of each month except December, January, February, and June as it will be closed for those months.
- The Department of Public Works cannot be responsible for and will not replace lost, destroyed, or stolen passes.
- Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, and brush/branches up to 1 1/2" in diameter and no longer than 3 feet, is accepted without a pass. The TARF is open for drop-off Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3 pm (closed for lunch from Noon - 12:30 pm), every Saturday between April and November (only the second and fourth Saturdays in the months of January, February, March, and December) from 8 am to Noon.
Curbside Collection of yard waste, placed in brown paper yard waste bags, begins in October through late November, and throughout the month of May. No barrels are allowed. There is a 25-bag limit and no more than 30 lbs per bag.