Bulky Waste Schedule 2017-2018
Hours: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
|July 8, 2017||November 18, 2017|
|August 12, 2017||March 10, 2018|
|September 9, 2017||April 14, 2018|
|October 14, 2017||May 12, 2018|
|Closed: December, January, February, and June|
If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Information Line 508-336-8523 or Public Works 508-336-7407.
Bulky Waste Disposal Regulations 2017-2018
Only Seekonk residents who participate in the Town sponsored Solid Waste and Recycling Program are eligible to purchase two Bulky Waste Passes per household per fiscal year (July 1, 2017 - May 12, 2018). This pass is to be used for the disposal of residential bulky waste items only (e.g. furniture, small appliances, bicycles, etc.) Blue Bags (household trash), mattresses and boxsprings will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to refuse unacceptable materials e.g. toxic/hazardous material, large amounts of construction and demolition debris, commercial or industrial waste, etc.
Eligible Seekonk residents can purchase either a 1 Load pass for $25.00 or a 3 Load pass for $65.00.
This pass allows you to bring bulky waste items (not blue bag household trash) to Seekonk’s Transfer and Recycling Facility (TARF), behind the American Legion Hall Post 311, 351 Fall River Ave. (Rte. 114A) at the site of the landfill.
- Any resident who participates in the Town sponsored Solid Waste Recycling program is eligible to purchase TWO Bulky Waste Passes per fiscal year (July 1, 2017 – May 12, 2018). Any resident who has an exemption from the Town sponsored program, due to a contract with a private hauler, is not eligible. Any resident with a pass cannot later get an exemption from the Town sponsored Waste and Recycling program for that fiscal year.
- If you purchase a 3 load pass you are allowed to bring in four (4) automobile or small truck tires per pass or for a 1 load pass you are allowed to bring in two (2) automobile or small truck tires per pass. In addition, residents will be allowed to drop off one CRT (computer or TV). No freon-charged appliances i.e. refrigerators, A/C etc. will be accepted. Passes expire on May 12, 2018 - even if all spaces have not been punched.
- Bulky Waste is defined as any items that you cannot fit into the Blue Bags (e.g. furniture, carpets, wood, bicycles, etc.). Each time you bring a load, your pass will be punched. The maximum size for one load is limited to a one ton pickup truck. Blue Bags (household trash) will not be accepted. No recyclables, commercial or industrial waste, large amounts of construction & demolition debris or toxic/hazardous materials will be accepted. Unacceptable materials will be rejected. No freon-charged appliances will be accepted (i.e. refrigerators, A/Cs, dehumidifiers etc.).
- Entrance to the TARF is based on the presentation of a valid pass and is not associated with a particular vehicle. However, no vehicle larger than a one ton pickup truck will be admitted. Access to the TARF is at pass holder's own risk.
- The TARF will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon the second Saturday of each month except December, January, February, and June. It will be closed those months.
- The Department of Public Works cannot be responsible for and will not replace lost, destroyed or stolen passes.
- Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, brush and branches up to 1 1/2” in diameter and no longer than 3 feet, is accepted without a pass. The TARF is open for drop-off Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed for lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m.), and on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Yard waste will be collected curbside October 13, 2015 through November 27, 2015 along with Christmas tree collection in January, 2016 and throughout the month of May, 2016. No barrels allowed, 25 bag limit and no more than 30 lbs. per bag. For more information regarding Yard Waste, click here.
- Recycling material (cans, glass, plastic with the "recycle" triangle logo numbered 1 through 5, paper and flattened cardboard) is accepted without a pass.