I lease commercial property in Seekonk, do my tenants need to come to the Building Department before opening the new business?

Yes, anyone opening a new business and/or changing tenants in an existing or new commercial space must apply to the Building Department for a Certificate of Use & Occupancy as well as a Sign Permit for new business signage. Upon inspection by the Building Commissioner; you will obtain your Certification of Occupancy.