When do I file for overvaluation abatement?

You must file between January 1 and February 1 of the tax year or as stated on the tax bill. However, you should ask yourself three questions before filing for an abatement:

  • Is the data on my property correct?
  • Is my value in line with others on my street?
  • Is my value in line with recent sale prices in my neighborhood?

The Assessing staff can assist you in determining whether your assessment is fair and equitable.