Who can be issued a building permit?

uilding permits are issued to Construction Supervisors licensed by the State of Massachusetts. Please note that there are several Specialty Licenses also. The Mass license is only valid for work involving structures less than 35,000 cf, for one & two family dwellings. As an exception to this requirement, building permits are also issued to homeowners doing work on one and two family dwellings where they reside. It is noted that when homeowners are issued building permits, they are liable for contractors working on their property and they are not eligible for protection under the provisions of the Home Improvement Contractor Law. The Seekonk Building Department encourages homeowners to have the building permit taken out by a licensed contractor. Licensed Contractors and Home Improvement Registrations can be checked online on the Home Improvement Contractor Registration and Renewal website.

Show All Answers

1. I lease commercial property in Seekonk, do my tenants need to come to the Building Department before opening the new business?
2. My neighbors recently started some construction, should I have been notified before it began?
3. What if I want to change or amend my plans?
4. Can I have an inspector form the Town of Seekonk Building Department office do a home inspection for me?
5. Do I need a permit for a fence and what side do I face it?
6. Who can be issued a building permit?
7. How long is my permit good for?
8. How do I request an inspection?
9. What requires a building permit?
10. Why a building permit?
11. Does someone need to be home during an inspection?
12. Where can I see a copy of the Building Code?
13. How do I know what kind of license is required on a job?