Marriage Licenses

  • Forest PathBoth parties must appear in person
  • You must have a picture ID. Driver's license, passport or any other form of picture ID
  • You will be asked to complete a 3-page form called " Marriage Intention papers"
  • It is a $45 fee, cash or check only made payable to the Town of Seekonk
  • There is a three-day waiting period in Massachusetts before you can use it. If you come in on a Monday it will be ready by Thursday. Please note Seekonk Town Hall closes on Fridays at Noon. We are open on Wednesday nights till 7:00 pm
  • The Intention is good for sixty days
  • Massachusetts statutes prohibit the marriage of a party who is under the age of eighteen
  • The Town Clerk and Asst. Town Clerk is both Justices of the Peace. The service fee is $100. If you plan on getting married at Town Hall we will discuss the details with you when you come in to fill out your intention papers

Please Note: You can apply for a Massachusetts Marriage License in any Massachusetts municipality. It does not matter what state you live in, you just have to apply in the State you wish to be married in.