It is the mission of the office of the Town Clerk to be a primary provider of information and quality services to the community and to work cooperatively and in coordination with the varied departments and groups while performing a myriad of tasks to achieve established goals and comply with state and local statutes.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Maintaining records of amendments to the Town By-Law, and Zoning By-Law and references to accepted State Statutes
- Accepting the required postings for all public meetings
- Conducting the Annual Census and maintains the voter lists
- Conducting all Federal, State and Local elections
- Attempting to respond efficiently, accurately and speedily to all requests by Town Officials, Boards and members of the public
- Issuing Marriage Licenses, Dog Licenses, DBA Certificates, and Yard Sale Permits
Records found in this office are:
- Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses
- Zoning Decisions
- Town Meeting Records
- Annual Town Reports and Special Reports to Town Meeting
- Lists of those who have served the Town of Seekonk in elective or appointive office.
Our office welcomes inquiries from all citizens seeking assistance/information in relation to services provided by the Town of Seekonk.
The staff will assist in redirecting your questions to the appropriate department.